[SEL] Maytag Upright Questions

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 08:46:31 PDT 2004

Greetings Dave,
You do realize I would have been disappointed had you not responded to my
maytag Motor query, don't you?

--- Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hi Joe, Perhaps I can help with at least some if your problems.

Dave, I know you are an amazing fellow, and capable of great things, but
NOT a miracle worker. Thanks for the help, though!

> You will fine that if you use the tank with sloping sides that your
> MAYTAG
> will not start nor run. On the other side of the coin, you will find
> that if
> you use the tank with the straight sides your MAYTAG will not start nor
> run.

Dave, you are assuming that I believe that a maytag MOTOR will run. I
didn't say anything about running it, just putting it together and
painting it to make a nice static display. I call it a static display
because I am sure to get a lot of static from my "friends" when I display
it!

> It's always best when putting the connecting rod in to put the end
> attached
> to the piston in first. It doesn't help with making the MOTOR run, but
> cosmetically it seems the thing to do.

Like I said, running is not the goal, assembling it is. OK, now I get it,
rod goes in piston end up. I knew I was missing something.

> Joe, PLEASE remember that this is a family oriented List. This sort of
> talk
> is, I'm sure, very acceptable on the LIBERAL lists to which you
> subscribe,
> and I've heard you LIBERALS say that "It's only kinky the first time."
> However, kindly remember that we have some women under the age of 40 on
> our
> List with virgin ears!

Kinky involes the use of a feather, while perverted involves the entire
chicken! I do wish to apologise (note spelling of apologise) if I have
offended the fair maiden in question. I will not comment on the "Liberal"
comments for fear of getting too many folk's blood pressure up. You call
it "Liberal", I call it "open-minded". ;-)

>     I sure hope that I've been of help to you Joe. Someone like you who
> supports a looser in the election to be held in about 150 days needs all
> the
> help that they can get!

I think you are trying to bait me into making comments about how I voted
last time or how I made a mistake thinking the guy who gets the most votes
wins. Well, I won't do it because once my man wins in November, I don't
want to seem smug about it.

>     Dave
> PS, I tried to find your snail on your HP so that I could send you a
> copy of
> the MAYTAG Service Manual that I have copied for friends in the past.
> However, your snail is not there. I guess that if Interpol were looking
> for
> me I wouldn't publish my snail either!

I took my address off my page when I admitted to the world that I owned a
maytag MOTOR. I was concerned about the DNR and EPA decending on me with a
BFH. Here it is:
In town:
Joe Prindle
Post Office Box 1381
Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54495
715-424-0793

Out at the shop and the farm:

Joe Prindle III
3090 8th Drive
Grand Marsh, WI, 53936

The engine I have is a lot different than the 72,82 & 92, so a manual for
them wouldn't do me any good. I am not going to make a habit out of
restoring maytags, but I bought this one for $3 and am only doing it up to
make a few bucks, although I am sort of fond to it, it is sort of a cute
little bugger.

Thanks for all the help, Dave! I am really looking forward to meeting up
with you at our show this year. I have met up with a few people from the
list now, Arnie,Curt Andree, Leroy, Luke T., Marv from mn, John Clemens,
Ed Herreid, Bill Brueck, and a few others, and it is real thrill to meet
folks in person after you get to "know them" via email.It is a real blast.
Even meeting Reg was great, but I need a hearing aid and he needs an
interpreter, between him speaking softly, my hard of hearing, and that
accent, I could just smile and nod. Why can't folks talk normal like we do
up nort' here? Beth was disappointed that she didn't get to meet Reg last
year, but I gave her the traditional Ozzie greeting for him!
Later,
Joe

=====
Joe Prindle