[SEL] list mail help

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 23:16:08 PDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:35:54 EDT, you wrote:

>Yesterday I noticed I was missing some list mail after noting that I only had
>a few and then checking with the archives for July.

<snipped>

>Also understand that I am not very computer savvy, do not down load much into
>it, never had a worm in 6 years now, so what ever I do must work except for
>this problem.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom Schmutz

Tom:

Historically, AOL has made its customers use their own proprietary software,
rather than letting them use the same as the rest of the world. This has led to
the current situation where AOL customers have little choice in selecting
software that works properly with other sources and many are the tales of woe
from out there from folks who have connectivity and other problems with AOL.

I seem to remember that when we were with AOL for a year or so we did find a way
of running other software like Netscape, but since then AOL bought up Netscape
so that option isn't available now.

It's not a simple thing to change an ISP, but if I were you I would give serious
thought to looking at making the change. AOL has not been a good option for some
years now and while a lot of folks do get on with it, there are far more that
have used it, found it wanting and have moved on.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
diesel at easynet.co.uk