[SEL] Fw: Acknowledgement of e-mail Nat Rally

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 18:14:52 PDT 2004

Hello Reg,
Around here, when someone is treated in such a patronizing fashion, we
refer to it as "having smoke blown up yer arse". Perhaps I am too cynical,
but I really doubt you will get much satisfaction there.
I do not fully understand how things are done in your part of the world,
and would appreciate it if you could "explain me this":

Who is the group that puts on this national rally of yours? Is it a group
of investors or a management group, working to earn a profit for
themselves? Or are they a non-profit group, consisting of clubs and
collectors who use the proceeds to promote the hobby?
How many days does this show run?
How many spectators does such an event draw? Is admission charged and how
much?
How many engines and tractors show up?
How many exhibitors are there?
Does this organization own their own showgrounds? If so, how big are they
and how many permanent displays do they have there?
Does paying the fees and participating in this event carry any benefits?
Does it make you a member with voting rights, receiving a newsletter or
magazine periodically?
These are legitimate questions. When I asked them before, someone may have
thought I was not serious about them, but I am.
I am curious about what sort of expenses are incurred in putting this
event together. I could understand the need for the fees if the money is
used to make some sort of permanent investment that will better the hobby
in the future. Here in the states, most shows are paid for by the
spectators, not the exhibitors. As you surely have noticed by the posts in
the past here and on Harry's, folks here get really upset if they are
expected to pay anything to exhibit.
Any insight you can give me would be appreciated!
Joe

--- Reg & Margaret Ingold <randmingold at hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> Here is the reply I have received.
> Reg & Marg Ingold.