[SEL] Need Stover Help!

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Sat Jul 17 14:58:03 PDT 2004

Hello Harry,

Harry, I would be interested to know how far does your fuel saver arm go up
under the valve keeper? If I depress the intake valve all the way down until
the fuel saver arm is high as it can go on the rocker arm then the fuel
saver arm is approximately 1/8" under the valve keeper. However when I look
at the wear pattern on the rocker arm where the fuel saver rubs against it I
see that the original fuel saver arm never went that high. If I push the
rocker arm down to where the fuel saver arm matches the old wear pattern on
the rocker arm then I am just barely contacting the valve keeper and not
going under it.

Looking at the bottom of the valve keeper it looks as though the original
fuel saver arm must have slid up under the valve keeper about a 1/4", maybe
a little more.

How far does your rocker arm push your intake valve down before it starts
retracting, I am trying to get sense of how much downward movement is normal
for the intake valve.

Paul