[SEL] O.T. DSL Service - Run a Dedicated line?

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Mon Jul 12 12:29:18 PDT 2004

Ok Gang enough is enough, I just ordered DSL service for my internet
connections on my PC. However it will be the 22nd of this month before it is
turned on, something about them doing a major upgrade on the local service
which is delaying it a few days...phooey!.

Anyway my question to you current DSL users or you computer guru's is:

(1) Would it be better if I ran a dedicated cable from the phone box to my
new DSL router? Currently I have two phone lines, (only one phone cable) one
for the home and one for the computer and of course they are all in one
cable with two of the four wires for the home line and two of the four wires
for the computer. (I have two separate telephone numbers).

Also connected to this home  is an array of extension wires to phones in
every room of the house including my shop as well as phone lines to the
satellite receivers.

If it would be better to run a dedicated line to my router for DSL service
is there a certain wire, or cable that is recommended. I want to do this up
right and need the input from you experts on the subject.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Paul

P.S. So far the computer is working, I have my fingers crossed that it will
stay this way.