[SEL] Chain Falls & some Mt. iron

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Jul 8 06:19:25 PDT 2004

I'll bet that was interesting..using a chain hoist,er falls.....
horizontally.  No Ron..you pulled it down the "Borrow Pit," not the ditch
<vbg>.  A meadow is a park, a valley is a coulee or gulch.  Had to learn
English all over again when I moved to Montana.

  So Alec..why would you want a broken chain fall??? (initial post)

  Here's some pix's of Montana iron I took on the way to the Lewistown
EDGE&TA show a couple weeks ago.  Course Grandpa has to start out with a
picture of his shy, bashful grandaughter...after that hit fwd or slideshow.

Very cool 150 hp F-M, two lunger here gang....sweet stack music..would have
liked to hear it work!!!

  The electric locomotive is in Harlowton, Mt.  3000 volts dc powered that
baby.  They were retired in 1974...some rectifier stations are still around.
Why electric?? to hard to breathe in the numerous tunnels in the Rocky
Mtn's, using steam. I learnt sometin there, never would have thot of that.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60686285/158662957jAGXFd

ya'll take care
RickinMt.