[SEL] O.T. Wiring up a MicroWave Oven

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 05:05:20 PDT 2004

Paul,

I am not a licensed electrician, but I think the building codes require a
separate circuit for the microwave, refrigerator, dish washer.  Also, there must
be an outlet for each separate section of counter top, minimum of 2 separate
circuits, and some maximum distance between the outlets.  I can make some phone
calls this evening to a licensed friend if you need to know more.  A phone
call to your local building inspector should also answer the question. I once
took the electrical code course at the community college, but that was 25 years
ago and a lot has changed.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com