[SEL] O.T. Wiring up a MicroWave Oven

EnginePaul at aol.com EnginePaul at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 21:44:22 PDT 2004

I can't see why a dedicated circuit would be necessary unless called for in
your local codes. I've done the wall mount over the stove, with vent and all in
many kitchens and never used a dedicated line. Even the two 20 amp lines are
capable of handling lots of stuff. Add up everything on your counter, bet that
even if you ran all of them, you'd have power to spare. If not, then do
another line.
Paul in San Francisco
(inactive Licensed Contractor, but did not go to the books for the answer)
PS: I own apartments, some of which are older and a tripped breaker is rare,
and usually caused by a huge overload or a faulty appliance.