[SEL] Big engine starting wheels?

Bill Boyce bboyce at swat.coop
Tue Jul 6 10:59:26 PDT 2004

glenn, the rig we built is a 5 horse b&s bolted to a small square angle iron
frame,,, an 3/4 inch axle with 2 go cart type wheels and tires are also
mounted to the frame and chain driven to the auto clutch on the b&s,,,,, we
pin this to a couple of lugs on the Reid skid, pinned on the back side so it
will pivot upward in the front, and the go cart tires engage both
flywheels,,,, a bar, maybe 5 feet long, is slipped under the pony frame, and
pushed down to pivot the front of the frame up,,,,, when the reid is warmed
up and runnning good, we pull the pin, remove the pony rig, and shove it
under the trailer, out of sight,,,
dont think i have any pictures of it, but i;ll look,,
bill