[SEL] People with deep pockets

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Dec 20 13:38:40 PST 2004

G'day Patrick,

I think the answer to that question is highly individual.  Some folks who
buy the paper as an "investment" probably wouldn't want to copy it for
fear of "diluting" the value of their invenstment by having copies of the
info "out there."  Others, like you and I, buy the literature because of
some connection to the hobby.  And sharing information is another
important part of the hobby.

I'd wager that the same two types of thinking also applies to loaning out
parts of engines so that copies can be made.  I'm sure there are some out
there who would never consider loaning out a part.  Happily I know folks
who would consider nothing less.

So again I think it boils down to individuals; some share and some don't.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com