[SEL] International LB Timing

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 17:55:00 PST 2004

Hi List,
Yes, I removed the magneto from one of my newly acquired  International LB
without properly checking the alignment of the magneto  shaft to the crankshaft
rotation.
What is the proper method to time the International LB magneto  to the
engine?  There is a marked tooth on the magneto.   There doesn't seem to be a
corresponding mark on the cam gear.  When the  "DC" mark (compression stroke) on the
flywheel is aligned with the mark on  the engine, the cam output shaft key
way is also aligned to the same engine  mark.  With this condition, what is the
correct position of the magneto  gear or point cam?
By the way, after replacing the capacitor and cleaning/adjusting  the points,
the magneto does produce a nice blue spark.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria,  California