[SEL] OT What has happen to gasoline price?[ Australian view]

EnginePaul at aol.com EnginePaul at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 08:44:16 PST 2004

"....just a thought, wasn't the invasion of Iraq going
to eleveate the problem?"

No. We Americans were going to let Iraq keep the oil and run things on their
own.
The first time Americans had an oil problem in that area was right after
W.W.II, The Russians stayed in Iran after the war and refused to leave. President
Truman faced them down; the main reason was for the oil. NOT for us, but for
England and Europe so they could rebuild.

I'm no expert, but there is barely enough production capacity to support the
demand; it may be just the beginning of problems.

Paul in San Francisco

PS I'm about to go up Highway 80, and I'll bet there will be lots of SUV's
and such passing me doing at least 80 miles per hour. The same people who say
the oil companies and the government cause high gas prices. Couldn't be their
driving style or vehicle choice.

PPS Sorry for the politics