[SEL] Info on Communications OT

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Fri Dec 10 07:02:35 PST 2004

Peter wrote:

>We have advert blocking facilities for faxes, but they are dying away
>now that email is firmly established for business users.

Fax advertising .....that one really hacks me off! I get dozens of ads
for stock tips and cruise vacations every week on the fax machine,
despite the fact that I have NEVER given the number out to a mag.
subscription, survey, or anything. Each of those fax's costs paper and
despite the fact that I call the toll free numbers to be taken off the
fax lists, it continues. Each fax has a different toll free number to call.

The few times I have used our home phone line for a fax machine, we
immediately begin to receive fax calls at wee hours of the morning.
Somehow these marketers are able to monitor lines that have been used
for a fax (even once) and they immediately begin to barrage you with
unsolicited faxes.

I am dead opposed to government regulation, but the actions of these
telemarketers must be stopped. Now Tommy tells us the cell phones are
fair play too. It is simply not right to send and make unsolicited faxes
and calls when those actions are costing us real money.

Curt Holland
P.S. Sorry, I really should have taken this over to slick.