[SEL] Info on Communications

Prepair Ltd prepair at easynet.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 06:15:54 PST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:35:31 -0500, you wrote:

>This is somewhat off topic but since we have to have a mode of
>communications in transferring our thoughts and ideas, I thought I would
>  send this to the list for anyone that had not already seen it.
>
>I'm sure most of you are aware that a cell directory will soon be
>released that contains cell numbers.  As a result, your cell phone
>number will probably be accessed by telemarketers and you could possibly
>start receiveing numerous annoying calls each day running up your air
>time and monthly bill (if you receive a telemarketing call and you hang
>up after only 10 seconds, you will more than likely have one minute
>charged against your cell).  I've got a friend in the Communications
>field who sent me the info below.  I thought I would pass it on just in
>case you haven't already taken care of this.
>
>Tommy Turner
>Magnolia, KY

Interesting so see that in the USA the receiving cell phone (cell
phones are called "mobiles" over here, which confuses the Americanos
who call their remote home phones the same thing) gets the charge of
the call, while over here the person making the call pays, so junk
calls are not that popular....

We have advert blocking facilities for faxes, but they are dying away
now that email is firmly established for business users.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK