[SEL] Briggs Valves

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Tue Aug 31 03:38:38 PDT 2004

jlb94 at juno.com wrote:

>Thanks Leroy
>I was able to muscle the valve springs out and -to get them back in - I
>squeezed them in a vice and used a light bailin wire to bind them and
>insert them.
>
>Worked okay - You can read in my last message that the Briggs "Y" just
>will not run.
>I think the magnets might need recharged.
>
>Joe

Joe, now this might sound funny but.... Take off the flywheel, bolted
on, and turn it 180 degrees and try it again. I have had one or two that
this was critical and would only run with the flywheel on in the proper
location  I might be interested in your extra parts if you decide to
strip one of them down.

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark