[SEL] Briggs "Y"

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Mon Aug 30 18:38:02 PDT 2004

Hi Guys,
Today - I went into the mag part of the Briggs "Y".
Cleaned & Reset the points - Disconnected the Run / Stop switch -
Installed a new Capacitor - - - Still the same thing.  I get spark - but
apparantly not enought to make her fire.

As a last resort, I belted the FBriggs up to an electric motor and tried
to adjust the carb while it was trying to run - But it seemed hopeless.

Finally I gave up and feel that I just aint getting enought spark to make
it run.

I have another Briggs "Y" and I might see if I can make one good one out
of the two.

Darn !!!

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "Two can live a cheaply as one  -
 \/)"(\/             but only half as long."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz