[SEL] Briggs Valves

Bob Jacobs Carrowor at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 11:15:35 PDT 2004

Thanks!!!

This sounds exactly like what I've done, but haven't yet gotten the ole gal
to phoot at me. Ah well, I'll get back at her tonight when it cools down
outside.

Putting your valve assembly back togeather is much easier than dismantling
it.  Compress the springs in a vice, if your vice's jaws are wider than the
spring, be sure to leave one edge of the spring exposed.  Your goal is to be
able to slip a piece of 20 or 30 lb test fishing line through the spring and
tie it off.  then turn the spring around and do the other side so it's
double tied and straight.

When it's time to reassemble, simple set the spring in place, install the
cap and keepers and push the valve down against the spring (keep your
fingers outta the way now, first time I did this I didn't).  I use a hammer
handle to kinda hold everything in compressed mode and my pocket knive to
cut the fishing line, a pair of needlenose pliers will then remove the
fishing line easily.

Bob
Some people call me Sweet Ole' Bob,
others just use the initials!