[SEL] Briggs Valves

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Aug 27 07:52:16 PDT 2004

Thanks to all for responding.
Clint D. - Jim H. - J.B. - Bill B. - Ed S..

I'll take a ride to my local NAPA & CarQuest to see if they have anything
I can use.

Other than that. I guess it's screwdrivers - wrenches - bailing wire and
holding my tongue just right.

The other Briggs' I've worked on didn't seem to have anything holding the
top of the spring. Getting them in & out was pretty easy.

The "Y" has a "tit" that extends the valve guide down from the top of the
cavity and also holds the spring in place.  I'm going to have to compress
the spring pretty good to get them back in and all put together.  That's
why I think I need something other than my usual "Hammer & Chisel"
methods.

Thanks again.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "Two can live a cheaply as one  -
 \/)"(\/             but only half as long."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz