[SEL] Babbitrite

Glenn Wilson wilson at stny.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 09:02:00 PST 2015

Concur.

Glenn Wilson
Endicott, NY
www.WilsonsWarbler.com

On Jan 8, 2015, at 10:04 AM, "Steve W." <swilliams268 at frontier.com> wrote:

Mark Shulaw wrote:
> In our hobby I do not think any of us use enough of these products to
> be  at risk. Besides the asbestos is locked into the product and does
> not become easily aerosolized to inhale. A good number of these
> warnings about certain products are overblown.  Mark
>

> At 01:59 AM 1/8/2015, you wrote:
>> I was reading a back log of GEM and found the product Babbitrite for
>> poring bearings, went looking for the company.
>> And was surprised to find this.
>> http://www.usw.org/districts/district-4/documents/Hazard-Alert-Babbitrite.pdf
>>
>> Just thought I should pass this along as it contains asbestos.
>>
>> Devin Holland

> Mark Shulaw
> 454 County Road 33
> Bluffton, OH. 45817
> USA
>
> Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
> Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
> and Hercules Engines.
> Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
> VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com

Babbitrite did contain asbestos.. 40+ years ago. Just like any number of
other items from the same time period. The union wanted an easy payday
and sent in a sample of OLD material and sent lawyers after the company.
California actually used the same "study" as an example of a company
that hid the ingredients of a product simply because they were liars and
greedy.

--
Steve W.