[SEL] Engine Hygiene

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Dec 5 12:27:07 PST 2014

I would add a little tranny fluid to the mix. Ratio ranges from a cup
per gallon to 50- 50 mix depending on the fella.   Mark

At 01:45 PM 12/5/2014, you wrote:
>Hey,
>
>At Portland over the years, I asked a few of you what you clean your
>original (unrestored) engines with.  The answer I remember hearing
>most was diesel fuel; after getting off the worst of the crud and
>dirt by gentle scraping.   But, because I have early onset CRS , I
>am not sure of that answer.  Does that sound right?
>
>I always admired the patina of some of our group's original engines
>at Portland.  I'd like to recreate that as best I can.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Spencer

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
and Hercules Engines.
Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com