[SEL] Rough and Tumble

Kerry ozengine at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 28 16:08:56 PDT 2014

G'Day Frank
Visited R&T in 2001, it was a great show and the best operational steam
display I have seen, the Shay loco running around the outside was a
pleasure to see.
They had some rare oil/gas engines on display with the Crossleys etc.
and I totally enjoyed my time there and met up with Tom Sch??, his wife
and Bill Lopoulos (are you both still on the list)

On the topic of vehicles near displays, I have visited engine shows all
over the world, and most thankfully did not have vehicles near displays,
some have had vehicles parked well behind the display and generally it
is not a problem, but a couple of shows in the US had vehicles parked
everywhere, which as a visitor took away from the enjoyment of seeing
old equipment running, I did not go to the show to see motor homes, pick
ups and trailers, that with Americans need not to walk even a few meters
by using their butt buggy's is a real turn off for me.

  Hopefully will see some American iron and meet up with some great
people next year.

All the best
Kerry

--