[SEL] Ford E450 1999

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 09:00:28 PDT 2014

Thanks for the comments!

We took the 6-wheel drawbar  trailer down to the south of France in June
(we left the Ruston diesel in Holland) and we covered nearly 2000 miles
towing it around and living in it when we stopped. It worked well, but like
in so many things in life we changed direction a bit and are now looking at
other options.

Annual mileage for the trailer this year is probably 3000 miles, and if we
picked up an RV it wouldn't be a daily driver, just used to go to shows
with an engine.

The V10 and V8 of that series had an issue with spark plug threads failing,
that's about all I can find bad about them. The E450 Super Duty seems to be
pretty well liked.

Maintenance isn't an issue, finding parking for the thing will be :)

We'll be in CA next month, house-sitting for Tim again, so we'll be looking
round the RV dealers while we are there.

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com