[SEL] AXC Southern Cross

Andrew Nicholson rustyiron1 at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 12 15:15:44 PDT 2014

Hello, This one is  for the local members here in Aust, I have an AXC with a
couple of parts missing any help would be great.

My main problem is with the Valves, Exh was rusted out, but I can replace
them no problems.

It's the length of the stem which has me puzzled? The original valves that
are in this engine, the rocker adj are just screwed

Into the rocker. The lock nut is under the rocker with only a couple of
threads hanging on.

Which to me looks like the valves are too short, do I put the rocker gear
back onto the head and with the rocker arm horizontal,

Would that be the correct height????

Has anyone got any idea's

Regards  Andy

Wet in FNQLD