[SEL] Sad and changes

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Oct 28 03:24:04 PDT 2013

I think every hobby and interest is cyclic, when younger and no kids we have the keenest and time. When married and have kids we have to prioritise around family, work and hobbies.
When the kids are gone we get keen again and have the time. As we get a little older we tend to slow down, we can no longer lift or drag like we used to and in some cases ill health follows.
The reason for my inactivity engine wise is the over regulation and rallies and we have been there before.
I have many hobbies which I have never been busier at:
World Licence Plates
Glass Telephone Insulators
Kerosene Lamps, torches, stoves etc
Valve (tube) Radios
Edison Cylinder Phonographs and Gramophones
General collectables
Old Tools
Engines and more,
I have taken over my late father’s valve (tube) radio collection, as well as his many Edison Cylinder Phonographs and Gramophones. These are mostly bench repairs and restorations, easy to work on and something I really enjoy.
We remember when Patrick was single and now married with an active son, prefect example of change.
Reg is the example at the other end of the spectrum and we are all heading there.
You simply follow your heart and if things annoy you just move on or around the problem.
Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/rv-engines/rvpage.htm
Australia

What Rob said. I just don't have quite as much time to spend on the hobby as work is busy and so is family life.
Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone
0418 692013
Earlwood NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html

I still belong to SEL, I still go to shows, I still have fun.