[SEL] Nuenen 2013

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue May 21 23:37:41 PDT 2013

Got home last night at 11pm, one week away from home at the Nuenen show.

Weather was cr*p, rained heavily on the Thursday and Friday, Saturday was
dull and cool, Sunday was brilliant and Monday dull and cool again.

The engines were absolutely superb, there was almost everything you could
wish for, the Lenoir, slide-valve engines, a Junkers free-piston engine,
lots of the regular stuff and a fair smattering of vendor stuff to look at.

We took the Ruston which ran without problems the whole weekend, but the
weather really hurt the attendance figures, instead of the expected 360
exhibitors, only just on 300 turned up, put off no doubt by the weather.

We were in the trailer, so fairly immune from it, but we did suffer
condensation after two days of heavy rain and cooking/showers inside.

Saw lots of List folk, Arnie, Roysters, Kelley (didn't talk with Rob but
saw him on the field) Keith and Debbie Kinney, and loads of folks from
Smokstak.

The brass exhibitor plaque was most unusual and very nice, a brass cast
model of a Deutz inverted slide-valve engine. Almost a collectors item
already!

Many thanks to Anton and his wife Annie, and Bas Jamar who all put in
serious amounts of work and time in the pouring rain.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com