[SEL] European adventure

Arnie Fero fero_ah at verizon.net
Fri May 3 02:17:48 PDT 2013

   Hey George,

   Don't forget to gather data for the Lorenz & Benz Register.

   - Serial Number

   - HP

   - Name, City, State, Country of owner

   - Any key features of ther engine

   - Photos of engine & tag.

   Thanks mate!  See ya at Nuenen.

   Arnie
   May 2, 2013 11:55:12 AM, sel at lists.stationary-engine.com wrote:

     Less than 7 days now before I head out for a European adventure.
     This trip will really be an adventure unlike the previous trips and
     tours I've done.
     For the first time only the first day (next Thursday) is really
     planned.
     After arriving at the Amsterdam airport, we'll go visit the Juffer
     family and see their excellent collection.
     This has pretty much become a tradition with me as the Juffer's have
     been the first stop I make the past 11 years.
     After the Juffer's we'll head to Germany to visit another friend
     that Harry and I have visited several times.
     We met this guy on our first engine trip to Germany and dropped in
     unexpectantly on him. I had a German engine book with a photo of the
     guy, his name and the town he lived in. We were passing near his
     town so made a detour to find him. Stopped a person on the street,
     showed them the picture of the guy and they knew where he lives!
     The next part is where the real adventure starts! We go to the Czech
     Republic for 4 days and meet a guy I've been exchanging emails with
     for the past year. This is a great unknown as Zdenek doesn't speak
     any English, although he does some German. His emails can be
     confusing since he runs all of them through a translating program.
     He does appear to know a lot of collectors in CZ and has said he has
     25 locations for us to visit!
     After we leave the Czech Republic we'll wander around for a few days
     and try to visit some more collections before returning to Harry's
     home on the Thursday before the Nuenen show. Load up for the Nuenen
     show on Friday morning and go to the show.
     The show should be a great one this year as I know that a lot of
     people (many on this list) will also be there. With slidevalve
     engines being featured this should be a historic show.
     This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
     the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
     confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
     recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient,
     you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication
     is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
     error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message
     and any attachments from your system.