[SEL] Joining the smokers

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Sep 4 15:02:58 PDT 2012

George,

The most important advice is to not overdo the oil
Modern two-stroke oils are so much better than what
was available back when Maytags were introduced.

A perfectly suitable gas/oil mixture is 50,000:1.

BTW, you're located close to the ocean; so you probably
have a boat.  You don't say if the Maytag is a single or
a twin.  While either make a superb boat anchor, the
twin is preferred due to the mud-grabbing geometry.

Hope that helps...

See ya,  Arnie