[SEL] You tube question

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Oct 22 18:33:26 PDT 2012

I applaud you for doing this Joe.  I think Patrick is offering some good
advice. I'd wait until the court process is finished before posting a video
for worldwide viewing. I'm sure you've given the video to the prosecutor and
it should aid in a conviction or guilty plea.  But, I wouldn't take the
chance that she could find a sympathetic jury (or heaven forbid, a
sympathetic Judge) that would let her off and you've posted a "slanderous"
video.  Get ready for anything to be said in court.  I can see it now (I've
seen it before), she says "yes, that's me on the video putting the money up
my sleeve, but you can't see on the video when I took it out and put it back
in the register".....most thieves try every angle....and some of them
succeed.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY

I am not sure of the law in the USA, but I would wait until after the
conviction just in case the footage be claimed to create a mis-trial. I
would hate for the thief to get off on a technicality. Patrick

On 23/10/12 12:00 PM, "Joe Prindle" <joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you think that I would get in any kind of trouble for uploading
> some video footage taken in the ticket booth during our show at
> Baraboo this year? I installed security cameras after money was
> missing two years in a row and caught a woman slipping a big wad of
> bills up her shirt sleeve. Her initial court appearance is Wednesday,
> so I could wait until then if necessary? This is why the SEL folks
> didn't see much of me, I was watching the cameras from my iPhone over
> the internet for most of the show. Not real fun, but worth it because
> we caught her. whaddya think, home movie anyone? Joe
>

> Joe Prindle
> Baraboo, WI USA
> "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

Patrick M Livingstone
0418 692013
Earlwood NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html