[SEL] Kangaroo

Mark Kennedy flywheel at netconnect.com.au
Sun Oct 21 19:32:50 PDT 2012

Yes, it's one of those mysteries Curt. The roos seem to be able to distinguish locals from foreigners and only try to hop in the way of native cars. Makes sense as they are native too.

Trying to get this back to anything to do with engines, a driver who worked for my father once hit a big Grey in a Mini panel van low flying at about 90mph one night near Myrtleford in Victoria.

Roo was thrown up over the bonnet (legs were probably actually taller than that anyway) and through the windscreen inside with Bill. Bill said later that he didn't know who was trying to get out the quickest - him or the roo!

He swung into a paddock, bailed out and let Mini and roo career on. When the Mini finally stopped and Bill caught up to it, the roo was gone but the car (minus windscreen) was still drivable so he continued on.

Oh, Bill was 6'5 tall but very skinny. I'll never know how they both fitted into that Mini.

Mark