[SEL] Prices on ebay

Rick I. rdi at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 06:05:57 PST 2012

Russell writes:

>1905 Hornsby booklet...I had an idea on value for this being around $75 to
>$85.00...I paid $180 dollars for it. Well above my idea on price... the
>same booklet has just been completed again on ebay ...$1009.00 dollars

Wow!!  You never know what price stuff like that will go for; that seller
just happened to hit it on the right day it seems, when 6 or 7 people all
happened to be looking at the same time!  I have a Taylor Vacuum engine, and
there's very little in the way of literature.  There is one rare single-page
folded pamphlet printed yellow/green, and in about 7 years of looking, I've
found this one for sale only 3 times, once in person, and twice on eBay.  In
all cases it was between $35 and $38, way more than I wanted to spend for a
single page flyer; like someone mentioned, I just wanted a copy of the info,
not necessarily the historic pamphlet.  Well, this summer, I stumbled on
another one on eBay- I got it for only $6.20 !!!  I guess nobody was looking
for it when I bought it (end of May), maybe too busy working on their
engines for the summer show season?

-Rick I.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/inzero/