[SEL] CULTURAL HERITAGE?

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sun May 20 18:31:54 PDT 2012

Hi Bill,
On May 20, 2012, at 6:33 PM, William Young wrote:
> _______________________________
>   TO: Dave Rotigel <rotigel at me.com>
>  FROM: BILL YOUNG,  wmlyoung at yahoo.com
>
> AGREED, but it's almost a SIN exporting so important a part of the USA cultural heritage to a 3rd world country where you would be required to put hog fencing around it.  Dave
>
>  DAVE-SAN, I READ ALL OF YOUR ACERBIC CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE NET.  I AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT YOU SAY, DISAGREE WITH SOME, BUT ENJOY ALL.
Keep in mind Bill that when you agree with me you are correct 100% of the time!
>     HOWEVER, THE ACTUAL THRUST OF YOUR ABOVE ELUDES ME.  DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT IS ALMOST A SIN FOR THOSE OF US IN OUR  FRATERNITY TO SELL ABROAD USA MADE  ENGINES?
No.
>     OR IS YOUR MESSAGE, IN REALITY, A JAB AT THE GOVERNMENTS OF OUR AUSSIE AND KIWI COUSINS?
Yes. (I'm sorry that I don't seem to have those "funny face" buttons on my keyboard, but I've always thought that if you had to explain to people that what you said was really a joke either it wasn't really funny, or they wouldn't get it anyway.)

>     N.Z. HAS A GOVERNMENTAL DEPARTMENT DEVOTED TO THE ENFORCEMENT OF THIS THEORY. ENGINES IMPORTED FROM VARIOUS OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE BECOME N.Z. CULTURAL HERITAGE ITEMS. FURTHER, THIS DEPARTMENT HAS DECLARED THAT ALL ITEMS OVER 50 YEARS OLD WILL COME UNDER SCRUTINY. THUS,  IN 2062, TODAY'S NEW TOYOTA PICK-UP WILL BE, PROTECTED, A CULTURAL HERITAGE ITEM
I understand that there are similar regulations in OZ as well. What I have found, however, is that if you tell the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about what is in the "package" you can usually ship it. I am told, for example, that what we here in the USA sometimes call "shotgun shells" can be mailed to many (third world [Hi Denis]) countries if they are called "Tractor Starters"?
>     I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE DONE A MAGNIFICENT JOB TO INSURE THE CONTINUANCE OF THEIR DEPARTMENT.
Is that not the primary goal of any government institution anywhere in the world?

>     WHERE DO I STAND ON THE ISSUE?  RECIPROCITY OF COURSE -- UNTIL MY GOVERNMENT WERE TO TELL ME THAT I CAN NOT SELL TO AN OFF-SHORE HIGHER BIDDER.
????????
>  ( SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS.  AM TYPING WITH ONE FINGER ON LEFT HAND. )  BILL
What's with the one finger/hand typing? I hope nothing too serious!
	Dave
PS, Do keep in mind what the first thing is that you MUST do to be forgiven of your sins is.
PPS, The correct answer to this question is YOU MUST SIN!