[SEL] Spam> OT - Ford Engine Lifter

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Mar 16 07:16:30 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,
I have an "Off Topic" question - - -
In my '72 Ford engine, there is a valve lifter that keeps trying to collapse.  If I stop the engine and count to 10, the lifter seems to recover.
Question :::   Is it possible to remove Ford lifters without taking off the head and/or intake manifold and shied ?
I am thinking of trying to insert something down through the push rod hole in the head and grab the lifter and pull it out.   - - - Possible ?

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/
 (_0_)    "Properly trained,  A man can be dog’s best friend." (Cory Ford)