[SEL] unknown engine

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 04:37:43 PST 2012

In a message dated 3/8/2012 1:52:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
frappi at wcoil.com writes:

Was there a log saw version of the Olds Engines? That or it was
modified for log saw operation? The flat face flywheel is more like a
flat drive pulley then a flywheel.  The round rim one reminds me of a
large hand wheel for a valve

My wife's people were all very mechanically inclined.  Known in the  area
to be able to fix steam engines, make tractors from automobile parts,  take
several junk cars and put them together to make a jalopy, etc. Knowing  that,
it is no telling what they have done to the engine in the photo to make  it
workable.  We know it is her grandfather and possibly her brother who  died
as a young child in the photo.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord, Va.
germoamer at aol.com