[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 99, Issue 6

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Jun 6 12:39:01 PDT 2012

   Hi Everyone,
   I know you have a SEL etiquette - i.e. how to respond to the list etc,
   please forgive me I have forgotten how this works, I hope this reaches
   you guys & gals.
   As you all know my dad passed peacefully on the morning (01:55am) of 5
   June 2012.
   We had recently found out that he was suffering from Cancer, he had
   been sick for quite some time, as a few of you knew he was "receiving
   treatment" from our extremely inefficient Government Health System.  It
   is an incredible shock to me & others, how quickly he deteriorated, it
   was literally a matter of a week. He was in incredible pain & had been
   for a while, in fact, I now realise he was much "sicker" than he let
   on, but that was my dad, he always put others before himself.
   We will be holding Dad's memorial service at the Church Of Christ in
   Sandton on Friday 8th June 2012 at 10:00am.
   I have been overwhelmed with well wishes in the form of emails,
   telephone calls & sms's over the last couple of days, I just want to
   thank each & everyone of you - once the dust settles and I get back to
   "normal" I will respond accordingly.  You have all shown what an
   exceptional human being the man I am proud to call MY Dad was!!  As he
   watches over me writing this mail, his heart is brimming with love &
   pride for the very special group of people he referred to as his
   family, for the love & support you have showered on me during this very
   difficult time.
   With all my love
   Jacqui
   Keep the revs up (or down)