[SEL] Tri-State / Portland show NEW info for this year

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Sat Jul 28 04:59:02 PDT 2012

No, the fees aren't increasing. I can't speak for recent years but I
know in the past I'd heard the statement that the club made more from
the trading post than they did the gate. This would be a major revenue
loss and the butt buggy fee is the only really new revenue enhancer that
they have had recently. I knew the directors quit after last year but
aren't directors voted in by the members? If you were to run for a
director's position, shouldn't you be ready to accept any of the
thankless jobs required? If nobody volunteered, why wasn't someone
chosen or delegated? The flip side is that there were a lot of people
that depended on the trading post for some additional cash during the
show and as a way to sell a few small items without having to rent a
vendor's space. Letting people sell a few items from their display would
increase the traffic in the display area but where would they draw the
line there? A consignment auction won't be a bad thing but it will need
to be held before the last day to work out. I still think its going to
be an interesting year. Doug T