[SEL] New Year's Crankup

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Jan 3 08:10:49 PST 2012

Didn't crank up any of my old engines, but did manage to run my 351w a bit.
It had a Holley 780 double pumper with mechanical secondaries which had been professionally modified to flow a LOT of gas.  Made a lot of HP, but sucked gas bad enough to give me single digit mileage when I took it out for drives.

So yesterday I swapped a smaller Holley Street Avenger with vacuum secondaries on it to detune it a bit and maybe at least get double digit mileage.

Sounded great but couldn't take it out for a test drive as one of the flare fittings didn't seat right and is dripping a bit of gas.  Got to fix the leak and wait for a dry day to take it out for a test.

Did have someone stop by yesterday to look at a Vaughan Flex-tred I have advertised.  They also have about 50 flywheel engines, but they didn't have anything they were willing to sell or trade.  One of those collectors that when they get something it never leaves their collection.  I did get to show them some of my flywheel engines in the shed although none were setup to run at the moment.

Don't know which engine yet, but I do think I'll seriously try this year to get one of the engines that hasn't run in many years running again.  Got several of those to choose from ;-)  Someone remind me later this year to follow through on this statement. :-)

George