[SEL] Belt dressing

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Mon Dec 31 18:53:50 PST 2012

Rob,
Does the article speak to reversing the belt directing every so often? It
would seem reasonable to expect the fibers on the surface of the belt to
all lay down in the pulling direction and get smoother and smoother w/
time. By reversing the belt, maybe increased friction can be gained for a
while as the fibers reorient and lay down the other direction.

How about any surface treatments to the face of the sheaves such as
sandblasting to improve bite?

Just curious.
Curt Holland