[SEL] It's HOT out!

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Mon Aug 13 09:30:14 PDT 2012

We’re in the middle of summer. The lawn needs mowing, the house needs painting, and the engines need cleaning. Are you taking care of yourself when you’re out there in the blazing sun? The vast majority of people live their lives in a perpetual state of under-hydration, which can lead to a long list of medical maladies and can become deadly in the heat of summer.

A person working or playing in the heat can require a quart of water per hour. Many people don’t consume a quart of water per DAY, which makes them extremely susceptible to heat related illness.

Maintaining optimum health during periods of high temperatures requires more than common sense. It requires proper planning, attention to physical symptoms, and intelligent response to those symptoms.

Here is a little more on the subject:
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/enviromentalissues/a/Exercise_Heat.htm

Let’s all enjoy our summer, our engine shows, our play time, and let’s do it in good health.

--
Rob Skinner
www.rustyiron.com