[SEL] Lost my Dad

Vivas1993 at aol.com Vivas1993 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 08:43:57 PDT 2012

Hi folks,
Haven't posted to the list in a long time, but just wanted to let  you know
that my dad passed away March 19th.

He had surgery on Feb. 14th and my brother, sister & I had been staying
with him 24hrs a day to provide the care needed after the surgery. It was time
 well spent, we had long talks about things from his childhood, how he &
our  mom met, his service in WWII, he served aboard LST 1046 in the Pacific.
One night we just talked about all the families that had lived in our
neighborhood, he could name almost every family that lived there, from the late
1950's through the 80's, sure wish my memory was that good !

Up until a couple of months ago, we were still able to go grocery shopping
& out to eat, he loved going to his favorite Mexican restaurant  :o)
Although those shopping trips were really nothing special at the  time, I'll
always treasure those times together.

Our mom passed away from cancer in Aug 2002, and our dad was still  living
in the house that he built, and we moved into in 1954, they were  married
for almost 62 years when she died.

I'm guessing that some of you here on the SEL have lost both parents,  but
it certainly is a very strange feeling not being able to see or  talk with
them anymore.

I'm adding a link to Dad's obituary, just in case you would like to learn a
 bit more about our Dad:

memorialfh.com        Joseph A.  Vivas

Take care,
Dwight Vivas