[SEL] E-bay Listing No. 300600454460

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Sep 16 12:18:13 PDT 2011

Looks like you did a pretty good job on the listing to me Jerry.  I tried to
put in "Lister Engine Plate" on the US eBay site and it didn't bring up
anything.  However, I've noticed it sometimes takes a day or two for the
listings on UK site to show up here in the US.  Not sure why.

The only thing I could recommend would be how you list the title of the
plate.  There are some key words that might help as if you get to specific
in the listing then the person doing the search has to be about as specific
as your listing to find it.  They can find out specifics once they look at
the listing.  I'd try putting a few more generic terms in the heading such
as "hit miss" and "antique gas engine" in the listing somehow.  You have:

   	Lister "D" Stationary engine etched brass specification (makers)
plate

This heading might catch more hits:

	Antique Lister hit miss stationary gas engine name or makers plate

We know Lister's aren't hit and miss engines.  However, hit miss is a term
that is commonly used to describe old engines and a lot of folks search the
ebay listings using the term "hit miss"  Here in the US "name plate" is most
often used to describe the plate on an engine that tells the maker, hp, etc.
However, I know in many places the term "makers plate" is used.  If you put
both of them in there then a search will come up with either.  On the
suggestion I've made, your listing will appear if any of the following
searches are used:

Antique engine
Hit miss
Hit miss engine