[SEL] Fuel Consumption /H.P. formula

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat May 14 08:42:22 PDT 2011

   Hi all,
           There is an old "rule of thumb" formula for working out approx
   consumption of fuel per hour per Horsepower. It goes something like "X"
   litres (or gallons if you prefer) per H.P. per hour
           I've forgotten the figures, does anyone know what "X" is. I
   suppose that any answers should also state if they are US or Imperial
   gallons - but litres would be nice :-)
           I realise that it will not be accurate but, as mentioned, it is
   a "rule of thumb" thing and will not necessarily hold good for modern
   high efficiency engines.
   Thanks,

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans