[SEL] OT: Update on Japan Situation from NEI and Tepco

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sun Mar 13 13:55:47 PDT 2011

With all due respect it's difficult for me to believe anything that an institution with a vested interest in this situation tells me. Anyone who is not at least a bit worried about radiation release and/or a meltdown has got to be kidding! Everything about life is about taking chances and the generation of energy/power is just another such situation. Regardless of the outcome nuclear power IS the energy source of the future (both near and long run) but to be told at this point that "everything" will turn out just fine in Japan is a bit like POTUS telling us that the stimulus IS working--it's simply too soon to tell!
	Dave