[SEL] Semi-OT: Air Compressor Tank Hydrostatic Testing

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Mar 9 07:59:56 PST 2011

Hi Arnie,
How much air are you going to put in it ???
If you're going to use it at home - I doubt if there are any regulations.
If you're going to use it a shows with any kind of pressure, you might have to have it certified -
I don't know.     You know how some people get with the "Pressure Vessel" thing.
I would consider first where I got the tank - Wether it's been repainted or not - The age of the tank - Insert a clear Christmas Tree light into the tank and look inside to get some idea of the condition in there - If you want to water-test it, fill it with water and pump 300# of air into the small cavity that's left - - - - Or - - - - If it were me - - - I'd prabably just use it.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/     Somehow - Wide, Fuzzy images and out-of-synk sound     (_o_)       doesn't enhance my TV viewing experience.