[SEL] OT - truck question

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Thu Jun 23 16:26:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Tony Kimmell wrote:

> They all have their good and bad points.  I've had all three and have
> loved and hated things about each.  Personally I don't think anything
> made in the last decade has been worth a shit.  That's just my humble
> opinion though...
>
> -Tony

The Ford 6.0 Diesel was trouble, we had two of them fail on one trip,
the first one wouldn't start in Alabama, dealer said it would take a
week to fix it, borrowed a second one from a friend, blew a head gasket
on the way home. Picked up the first one at the dealer, wouldn't start
the next morning, had to borrow a Dodge to go get the trailer. The year
before the no start 6.0 blew a turbo hose off in the mountains,
reinstalled it blew off again. Made it to a dealer in NY, said he
couldn't repair it for 4 days, there wa a recall with new hoses and
clamps. I wrapped the silicon hose with a piece of sand paper and placed
the clamp over it, gave it enough bite to make the trip.  I looked up
the recall when I got home, gave .6 of an hour to repair, 36 minutes.
J.B. Castagnos