[SEL] OT - truck question

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 13:02:16 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/22/2011 9:36:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bill at antique-engines.com writes:

I'm  looking at a Chevrolet 1500, pretty loaded with heavy towing axle and
a 6.x  liter engine

I think that is what mine is.  Came with towing package and towing  button
on the end of turn signal stem.  Keeps it out of overdrive when  engaged.  I
never use it and think it is only useful when having a great  heavy load.
If I am traveling down the main highways and not a heavy load,  I want it to
shift into overdrive. Transmission buddy said to not use  it.  The
transmissions are made to pull!

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com