[SEL] OT - truck question

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Jun 22 06:24:57 PDT 2011

Hi Bill,
This is not to be smart - but - I have a 1972 Ford F-250 with a 1977 Cab and Front-end that's rotting away again.  If I could find someone to put a newer body on that ol' 72 frame and running gear, I would never give up that ol' truck.
Last year I bought a 1998 Ford E-250 Yellow Box Van (Ryder Truck with 170K on it) and, although it has more room in the box, runs good (a little lame on hills and yaws a bit) and is a smoother ride - It still don't compare to the old 1972.
I don't think I would ever buy a NEW (dealer fresh) truck.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/      Pittsburgh - Half the time it's cold - Half the time
 (_0_)         it's hot - And the other half, It's just miserable.