[SEL] Court Case over Stolen/Fake engines

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:46:08 PDT 2011

On 25 July 2011 14:41, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following was posted by Geoff Challinor on the UK Stationary
> Engine Forum today:

More from Geoff:

More from Geoff Challinor on the still missing engines:

The Judge did ask me what engines have still not been recovered. I
told him and would appreciate any information that might be out there
that would help us track them down. So just in case you know anything
they are}

 · Gardner O type petrol engine No 24803

 But I doubt it will have that number, has anyone seen one with no
number on it or part of a number?

 The recovered Gardner had been re stamped and all that could be seen
was the first 3 digits 145 the last 2 digits were not readable, but a
piece of paper found in the workshop where the Gardner was recovered
from said 14576 Gardner O type. I think someone must have realised
that may not be a correct number and filed the rest off again hoping
it could not be traced. Having checked the Gardner records No O types
were built starting with 145.

It has been suggested that the arson attack on my house was to destroy
Gardner and Crossley records but as they weren’t I'm not sure, also
the Arson only happened after the first engines where recovered. But I
suppose only I really knew that the records where safe elsewhere and
it was only fairly recently that the fake Crossleys came to light with
an incorrect serial number.

 · Hartop S type the one with the rotary side shaft

 Does anyone have any photos of it in the museum as the ones we have
do not show certain details?

 · Half scale Robinson gas engine

 · Half scale Gardner gas engine

 · Model table steam engine

 · Model horizontal steam engine

 · Crossley, Hornsby and various other lubricators.

Please contact me via private message on this website or via
[email]enquiry at enginemuseum.org[/email] or tel 01625 874426 (+44 1625
874426 for overseas users)

Or phone UK Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 anonymously. (+44 800 555
111) There is an online form as well:

https://secure.crimestoppers-uk.org/ams.form.anonymous.asp

 Many thanks, Geoff

Peter