[SEL] Let's have some fun for a good cause !

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:06:04 PST 2011

I think this is where the auction stands ?

plate #1 - $75 - Jeff Allen
plate #2 - $50 - Mike Royster
plate #3 - $25 - John Neth
plate #4 - $10 - Elden Durand

might be easier to keep track if a bidder edits the price and name, then sends a reply back to the lists?

Great idea Jerry!

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:53:16 +0200
To: stationary-engine at oldengine.org; sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
From: jerrye at databak.co.za
Subject: Let's have some fun for a good cause !

Hi All the good people out there in engine land,

        Further to the appeal from Internal Fire Museum for funds toward completing the roof on Shed 5 I'd like to offer the following small incentive.

        I'll auction 4 of my smaller size etched brass plates to be sold individually and the total proceeds will go to the museum. (Up to 100mm x 60mm  - give or take a bit - my normal selling price is US$ 20.00 each and I'll pay the postage to anywhere in the world). There is NO reserve price - bid what you like - it's for a good cause and fun.

        (One Condition - no existing orders already placed with me can be converted to this offer).

        We do not really have the time or means for an auction but let's just say that he 4 best offers will be the winners of one plate each and that all offers MUST be made ON the lists. That should make it quite interesting.

        This is going to both S.E.L. &  Oldengine lists  and will be treated as one offer/auction of 4 plates between the lists. Remember, bids to be for one plate only but we will allow the highest bidder to choose how many plates he wants and the balance (if any) will be offered to the next highest bidder and so on.

        Then we need a closing date and an adjudicator. I suggest 8:00 pm (GMT) Sunday 23rd Jan 2011 as a closing time and Paul Evans can make the final decision on the winners (seeing as that he is the curator of Internal Fire and lives in the GMT time zone). Yes, I know it's soon but they need to get that roof up :-)

        Paul, are you reading this and agreeable to that - (I have not discussed this with Paul - this should be a surprise to him).

        A point to remember - e-mail is no longer immediate - there could be server delays along the way so don't leave your bid to the last minute (this is NOT e-Bay).

        Payment to be made to Paul  at the museum - I know he has Paypal and maybe other options as well.

        For any information on what I need from you to be able to produce a plate please look at my webpage:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>

P.S. Please keep it all on the lists  - If you've got questions I'll answer on the lists. Bear in mind also that I only get the SEL digest version and that arrives here at about 7:00 pm each evening local time (5:00 pm GMT) so questions on the Oldengine list will get answered sooner.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>