[SEL] Let's have some fun for a good cause !

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Jan 20 13:53:16 PST 2011

Hi All the good people out there in engine land,

         Further to the appeal from Internal Fire Museum for funds toward
completing the roof on Shed 5 I'd like to offer the following small incentive.

         I'll auction 4 of my smaller size etched brass plates to be sold
individually and the total proceeds will go to the museum. (Up to 100mm x
60mm  - give or take a bit - my normal selling price is US$ 20.00 each and
I'll pay the postage to anywhere in the world). There is NO reserve price -
bid what you like - it's for a good cause and fun.

         (One Condition - no existing orders already placed with me can be
converted to this offer).

         We do not really have the time or means for an auction but let's
just say that he 4 best offers will be the winners of one plate each and
that all offers MUST be made ON the lists. That should make it quite
interesting.

         This is going to both S.E.L. &  Oldengine lists  and will be
treated as one offer/auction of 4 plates between the lists. Remember, bids
to be for one plate only but we will allow the highest bidder to choose how
many plates he wants and the balance (if any) will be offered to the next
highest bidder and so on.

         Then we need a closing date and an adjudicator. I suggest 8:00 pm
(GMT) Sunday 23rd Jan 2011 as a closing time and Paul Evans can make the
final decision on the winners (seeing as that he is the curator of Internal
Fire and lives in the GMT time zone). Yes, I know it's soon but they need
to get that roof up :-)

         Paul, are you reading this and agreeable to that - (I have not
discussed this with Paul - this should be a surprise to him).

         A point to remember - e-mail is no longer immediate - there could
be server delays along the way so don't leave your bid to the last minute
(this is NOT e-Bay).

         Payment to be made to Paul  at the museum - I know he has Paypal
and maybe other options as well.

         For any information on what I need from you to be able to produce
a plate please look at my webpage:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>

P.S. Please keep it all on the lists  - If you've got questions I'll answer
on the lists. Bear in mind also that I only get the SEL digest version and
that arrives here at about 7:00 pm each evening local time (5:00 pm GMT) so
questions on the Oldengine list will get answered sooner.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>