[SEL] Christmas auction?

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:13:47 PST 2011

On 19 December 2011 22:16, Best, George <George_Best at adp.com> wrote:
> Remember years ago when we used to have the Christmas auction to raise funds for various charities.
>
> Do the ATIS people still do this?
>
> Seems to me that the lists have been pretty well been replaced by SmokStak and other forums (other than ATIS Forum).
>
> Only an occasional posting now through SEL.
>
> George

To be fair to both Jim Dunmyer and Spencer, they have provided a free
service for all these years, all we have had to do is use it. The ATIS
forum never took off, not sure why, but it was there if anyone wanted
to use it.

Even our own small forum gets through 20gb of bandwith usage a month
which has to be paid for, heaven knows what Harry has to pay out for
Smokstak!

The other issue is time, or lack of it. Folks seem to have less time
these days for hobbies and relaxation.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes